Prospective Student Residents
Student Referral and Admission to Mickey’s House:
- Once an unaccompanied youth has been identified as homeless, the student, school or agency should contact the Foundation.
- If the student meets the eligibility requirements, the Foundation’s representatives will request a meeting to review said requirements.
- If the student agrees to the terms and conditions of Mickey’s House, the student will complete a Mickey’s House application, which is then reviewed and cosigned by a House representative and a Board member.
- Once approved, student move-in is expedited.
- Requests for bus transportation from Durham School Bus Services, CARTA Bus tickets, or mileage reimbursement to and from the student’s school of origin will be facilitated as needed by a Mickey’s House representative.
Our goal is to facilitate student move-in as quickly as possible.